May 01, 2014 - Comments Off on Seniors are online, well, kind of.
Data, being what it is, seems to morph every other day into new and interesting statistical facts. In this particular case, we asked about seniors and their online behavior. For the first time ever, more than half of U.S. adults over the age of 65 are online, from surfing the web to checking email, 53% of seniors use the Internet; this segment of the population is flocking to the web more than ever before.70% of seniors say they go online every day, as well.
- Internet usage tends to drop off after age 75.
- Only 34% of adults over 75 access the Internet and only 21% have broadband capabilities at home.
- Seniors are mobile and at least see a cellphone as a security measure. About 70% own a cell phone; up from 57% only a few years ago.
- More seniors are accessing social networking sites.
- About 34% of Internet users age 65 and older use sites such as Facebook and Twitter — and 18% of this group do so each day (A high number, considering 66% of all adult Internet users access social networking sites.)
Resin is the Bay Area’s most experienced ad agency specializing in senior living community branding and advertising. We can prove return on investment, event attendance + response, and measurable results in print, web, video, direct mail, broadcast, and strategic planning. We’ve successfully repositioned, rebranded, and relaunched senior living communities in California, Ohio, and Virginia.
When you want to talk to seniors, talk to us.
Published by: resin in Uncategorized