October 31, 2014 - Comments Off on 25 lessons we learned at Leading Age in Nashville.
If you were there, your list might look like this, or not.
1. Make your hotel reservations super early; see you in Boston.
2. Food is awesome in this city, better than the music?
3. Hatch Show Print is renewing, see it.
4. Nashville music is awesome, as good as the food?
5. Over 10,0000 attendees and exhibitors fit nicely into the new, Music Hall.
6. Weather in October is as good as the food and the music.
7. People liked our “I’m too young to get old” mobile scooters.
8. HUD compliance continues to be a relevant issue.
9. Hiring top talent and retaining them is a well- attended seminar.
10. Branding and positioning seminars are equally well-attended.
11. The Tennessee Titans have a fab stadium near a cool pedestrian bridge.
12. You can get around town in charming, jitneys driven by charming guides.
13. Acme Seed and Feed has killer corn on the cob.
14. The Glenn Campbell tribute was special.
15. Aging in place technology is starting to hit its stride.
16. Senior living communities must be proactive; prescience is a new job skill.
17. The Idea House could use some baked cookies.
18. The airport is only about 15 minutes away from the Omni Hotel.
19. Maximizing occupancy is always and forever a hot button.
20. Culture begins at the top and cascades throughout.
21. Always travel with carry on.
22. Seniors only think they want to age at home.
23. Everyone wants a new website.
24. Walking the floor demands sensible shoes.
25. CCRC dining plans are moving into a new venue of pricing, flexibility, options that curry favor with residents (Using the word ‘curry’ when referring to a menu is fun.)
Resin is the Bay Area advertising and branding experts in marketing to seniors. We’ve repositioned, rebranded and relaunched senior living communities in California, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Virginia. Resin has increased occupancy, awareness, and brand expectations on what a senior living community can be. Smarter digital and analog strategies, creative, and brand management help our clients always elevate with thinking that’s simple, fresh, and relevant.
When you want to talk to seniors, talk to us.